Information and registration
For information en registration you are welcome at the Borgerstraat 52A every Wednesday afternoon from 2.00 pm – 3.30 pm (except during school holidays).
For some classes (especially evening classes) there can be a long waiting list. We make een effort to place new students as soon as possible.
To register, you must live and/or work in Amsterdam (West), and your family income may not exceed € 37,000 gross per year.
About the school, classes and class times
• The group size is 8 to a maximum of 12 students.
• You come in a level group: beginners, intermediate and advanced. (A1, A2 and B1, B2)
• The teachers who teach are volunteers, they do not receive a salary.
• In order to learn Dutch well, we think it is important that you regularly attend classes.
• We do not only work from books; we also have digiboards in all classrooms.
• The students themselves can also enter themes for the lessons that they find interesting.
Most of the classes are twice a week:
On Monday & Wednesday morning 9.15 am – 11.45 am
On Tuesday & Thursday morning 9.15 am – 11.45 am
On Monday & Wednesday afternoon 1.30 pm – 4.00 pm
On Tuesday & Thursday afternoon 1.30 pm – 4.00 pm (temporarily no lessons)
On Monday & Wednesday evening 7:00 pm – 9:30 pm
On Tuesday & Thursday evening 7:00 pm – 9.30 pm (temporarily no lessons)
From September 2020: for lessons twice a week you pay €60,- per three months in advance.
In addition to the tuition fees, you must also purchase books. The costs for this are between € 25 and € 65 (excluding extension of digicodes). This depends on the group and the chosen teaching method. Different teaching methods are used, such as “NEDERLANDS NU”, “NEDERLANDS IN GANG”, “TAAL COMPLEET” en “TAAL IN ACTIE”. At the start of the course you will be told which method (books) you should buy.